Friday, May 8, 2009

Injectables and other things...

So, we went the doc yesterday and according to him it is time to move to injectables. So, I start them tomorrow evening. yikes! He also said that the reason for the m/c's was because of inadequate egg ripening that lead to chromosomal abnormalities when the egg was fertilized. I was taking Clomid and he said that it was harder to really monitor the growth of the follicles with the Clomid because you cannot adjust the dose. Well, with the Follistim he can monitor me much closer and adjust my dose if needed. I go back Monday, Wednesday and Friday to check the follies and have blood work to check my estrogen levels. Talk about a science experiment! LOL. They gave me all this info on how to use the pen-thingy that the medicine comes in.. I feel like I am back in Nursing school! It's a whole big process to load the pen and dial up the right dosage. I am going to have to watch the dvd a few times before I actually do this. I am used to just drawing up medicine from a bottle with a syringe. This pen thingy look a little odd. This should be interesting!

In other news, this Sunday is Mother's Day. Happy Mother's Day to all the mommies out there. I WILL be joining the celebration next year! This year as with previous years, we are going to DH's aunt's house for a yummy brunch. I cannot wait!! It will be a lot of fun.

Well, that is all for now. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend! Talk at you all later!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

JB, your attitude is amazing, I love it and you.

Im so glad you have a new plan and Im going to be thinking of you!

Megan said...

Sweetie, I couldn't be any more proud of you. Praying for this new plan and that you get to join the club VERY soon.

flojat said...

Too bad they can't give you a vial like the pros use! : )

I really hope this is it for you, hun!

Angie said...

I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad to see you have a positive attitude. I know this is going to work for you. I am glad you got answers as to why the other one didn't make it.

You are a mommy and should celebrate mother's day this year.