Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Weeks 10 and 11.

Wow, I cannot believe I'm 11 weeks!!! Time is flying like crazy! 2 more weeks until we are officially in the 2nd trimester! So, things are moving along well. My belly isn't necessarily getting bigger but it is getting firmer. My theory is the bloat is going away being replaced with the uterus. The boobs still hurt and still feeling nausea, although the nausea is starting to subside. I'll be happy when I start to look pregnant and not just fat. hehe. DH wants to wait to tell extended family and friends until after we get back from Philly and we are sure that the twins are doing well. Though, I see his point, it's making me crazy NOT to say anything. I was talking to his cousin on FB and he was asking what was new and it took all my strength to say "Oh, nothing.." His mom and one of his aunts already knows the whole story but that's only because he trusts them not to tell the whole world until we are ready to.

So, I am off to see the OB again tomorrow for my NT scan. I am excited to see the babies but nervous. I just want everything to go ok. I have a feeling I will be nervous for the rest of my life where these babies are concerned! As one of my friends once told me "Welcome to motherhood!" She was right! I am having the hardest time sleeping at night. Before I got pregnant, I would think about how awesome it would be to have a baby and all the neat stuff we could do with and teach the baby and that would help me fall asleep.. Now, I think about the babies in my belly and I start to think about the cool stuff and then I find myslef worrying about everything. What if the babies have colic? What if they are allergic to cats? What if they fall on the tile learning how to walk and hurt themselves? What if I do something wrong? What if, what if, what if.... Boy, this is really helping me to appreciate my own mother even more than I already do! I am really trying to not stress myself out with the What ifs but they manage to find me at night...

Well, that is all for now. Hope everyone has a great week! Talk at you later! =)

4 comments:

Mary said...

The what-if's will drive you nuts! you will figure it out as you go along.

11 weeks already? holy.crap!

L said...

Good Luck at your appointment! ((hugs))

goeckie said...

Wow time is flying! GL today at your appt!

Megan said...

What ifs are crazy! Good luck and keep growing those little angels!